Those who should blog
Posted by Adriana Cronin-Lukas
Friday, July 30, 2004 @ 02:47 PM
| Blogs & Blogging
B L Ochman identifies Ten companies that missed great blog opportunities.
It doesn't matter whether companies are big, with benefit of PR agencies, or small – many are missing opportunities to integrate blogs into the marketing mix. The following are 10 examples of sites and campaigns that are crying out for blogs. If they had them, they could dialog with customers, sell product, and also have some fun.
And the nominees are...
- Newman's Own Organic Dog Food - don't even have a website
- Teva - produces sport sandals and footwear
- Starbucks - missed perfect opportunity for moblog
- Rowenta - sponsors extreme ironing sport on website, a mobile photoblog could do a better job standing on its head
- Pomegranate Juice - blog about the responses of consumers tasting the products
- DaimlerChrylser Xmas Stunt - a blog of the family's experience
- WD40's Anniversary Site - perfect use for a business blog to write about all the WD40's uses
- Ditties - blog would be a smart marketing for dumb name
- Trojan Condoms - information center cries out for a blog
- Sony, Lego and Marvel joint promotion based on Spiderman - no hype, blog would do a better job
So there you have it, not all candidates are obvious or big brands but that makes them more interesting and suitable for a blog and the style and culture that comes with it.
*Note* - Your remarks will not appear immediately because we use a comment moderation system.